Volunteer With Us
Can You Help Your Community??? You can volunteer as a:
- Firefighter – age 18 and above: Participate in all Company firefighting and related operations to the limit of your ability and training.
- Junior Firefighter – age 14 to 17: Participate in training and community service events and, at age 16, assist in fireground support.
- Fire Police Officer – 18 and above: Provide traffic and crowd control at emergency scenes and community events.
- Administrative Member – age 14 and above: Provide support at community events and in the day-to-day management of the Company.
You will receive the training and equipment for these jobs at no cost to you!
Whitemarsh Township and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania require that all volunteers have a Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check as well as a Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance. Applicants under the age of 18 require parental permission and working papers from their school district. All of these are detailed on the application form.
- Download the application form (click here) and save it on your PC.
- Fill out as much information as possible (if you cannot view the form, download Adobe Acrobat Reader here).
- Apply for the various clearances and documents you need.
- Print out your completed application and sign it as indicated.
- Print out copies of your clearances and certificates.
- Deliver this documentation to the fire station – 647 Germantown Pike – any time between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
- You will be contacted by someone from our Membership Committee to arrange a tour of the station and interview.